7/6/15

Red, White and Blue

Holiday weekends are always fun.  This one was no exception.  We started off the weekend on Friday with some festive activities.  We did fireworks in a jar and made hand print flags (I talked about both HERE.)  The first one was a success, but the second activity was a fail.  The kiddos still had fun! 

4th of July morning I made the kiddos red and blue star shaped pancakes.  They "oohed and awwed", and then Max quickly pointed out that they were pink, not red.  

We dipped strawberries in white chocolate and then sprinkled on the red and blue star sprinkles.  It took about 30 minutes for Max and I to sort these babies out of the sprinkles jar. So worth it! 

Emma being her sassy self.  It's called being two. 


That's more like it!!  Happy 4th of July!!

I found a festive sangria to make for our bbq.  Ummm... I wasn't a fan.  Ian thought it was strong, so him saying that it must have been really strong! 

The kiddos ended the night with Astro Pops!  They were fans! 

I'd like to say that we saw fireworks, but sadly we were all asleep early!  Maybe next year!  How was your 4th of July?





4 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    Emma's sassy face is adorable! She looks like she's planning something. I find that a lot of times sangria recipes online can be too strong. Sometimes I cut it with Sprite. It helps with taste and alcoholic content. :)
    -Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try adding Sprite next time!! Thanks! Emma was definitely thinking on how she could get out of taking a picture! :)

      Delete
  2. I like Emma's sassy face too. Those star pancakes are such a fun 4th breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had more fun making them! I enjoy the holidays so much more with kids. Even when they are so sassy!

      Delete