8/5/15

Fox Hollow Farm Fun

Today we went to Fox Hollow Farm to see some baby piggies!  We've been to the farm twice before, but the kiddos had never gotten down and dirty, or petted the animals.  That all changed today.  When we first arrived I was surprised on how many people were there.  I guess we weren't the only ones who wanted to see the little piglets. 

Max and Emma were saying "Cheese!", and L wanted nothing to do with the picture. He wanted to see some animals.

The first thing we saw were bunnies!!  Emma was hunting her prey.  I had to keep reminding her to be gentle.  Then she saw an older girl pick up the bunny and she was determined to do the same thing.  Poor bunny. 

Baby billy goats.  Baby animals are just so cute.  Max and Emma stuck their fingers through the fence to pet them.  You could go inside with the billy goats, but I was good on the other side.  We used hand sanitizer a billion times while there.  Emma tried to give herself a full clean down with the stuff.  She learned that it did not taste good.  



Baby pigs! They were all napping, except one.  One was following it's mama around trying to eat.  They were the cutest little things.  Max and Emma kept "awwing" all over them and petting them. 


They also had a bouncy house the kiddos played in for a good while.  Emma managed to step in poop.  They played in a sand box, but instead of sand it was corn.  A corn box?  That lasted a few minutes, because I was kind of grossed out by it, and Emma threw a handful at Max.  

Fun times!  I've been really excited about going back to work.  Now that it's only a couple weeks away, I'm getting sad.  I dropped Emma's packet off at her "school", and I know she's going to do great, but I love spending my days with her.  Max's bff from AZ started Kinder today, and seeing her picture made me even more sad thinking about Max starting Kinder.  I'm just not quite ready.  My mama heart isn't ready.  

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh the baby animals are so cute! I think I'd be trying to pick up a bunny too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing the baby pigs made me want one for a pet...but then they don't stay that tiny or cute!

      Delete