8/17/15

Our Weekend

This weekend was another great one!  Saturday we celebrated Max's 5th birthday at the Seattle Children's Museum.  His birthday isn't until the 20th, and I thought I had teacher training on the 22nd, so we had his birthday party early.  The museum has 3 different themed rooms.  He picked the circus room.  It has a wall of puzzles to play with and it was a hit with all the kids.  We had the room for 2 hours which was perfect for eating lunch, cupcakes, opening gifts, making a fish kite and then exploring the museum with friends.  

Max met his friends from preschool this past year, and I'm happy to say that I've become friends with the parents.  He gets to go to Kinder with two of his friends, and it makes my mama heart happy.  Our friends from Canada came down to celebrate.  Emma's bff, A, came with his Daddy.  Friends from Tacoma made their way up in terrible traffic to celebrate Max.  Amazing friends we have. 


Max had so much fun! 

Making a wish!

Their smiles...also notice how they are dressed alike.  #twins

We got Max this Baymax, and one of his friends got him the same toy! Two Baymaxs is always better than one.  Our sweet boy said one for him and one for Emma. 

Oh, just riding the bus with Emma.  

If he ever has to wear glasses, which he might because Ian and I are blind.  He totally pulls off the look!  They had an eye doctors office, and it was so insanely cute.  

Emma getting her shopping on.  Bread was the deal of the day and she had to take it all! 

Bob the Builder.  This kid.  I love him so much. 

We explored the museum for about an hour and a half.  He had such a great time.  I can't believe our boy will be 5 on Thursday.  The days are long, but the years are short.  So, so true. 

Sunday we watched the Sounders game from home.  They dominated the game and were victorious 4-0 over Orlando City.  Welcome back Oba!  I also went shopping for some work clothes.  Always not a fun time.  I'd rather shop for the kids.  I did walk away with two maxi shirts and 4 (sorry Ian) cardigans.   Ian isn't a fan of cardigans, but I heart them so much.  So much.  They were buy one get one for half off.  Only made sense to get 4.  

Today we went to my classroom for a few hours.  The kids took their backpacks full of toys and all they did was crawl under desks and run around like wild animals.  They are so wild.   Tomorrow I have a meeting that's a few hours, and my official first day is Thursday.  How the heck is it already here?!  Wednesday the kiddos and I are going to have a day of fun.  I just want to cry thinking about it.  I'm excited to get back to work, but equally sad to send Emma to daycare.  I'll get to see Max during the day.  I'm sending my kid to daycare so I can teach other peoples kids.  Guilt.  So much guilt. I just hope Emma loves it at her new school, as we call it.  I hope she makes friends and is happy.  I just want her to be happy.  Okay, I'm going to go cry now. 

Linking up with Biana

1 comment:

  1. I love that Max and Ian were matching! And Emma's cart full of bread...so me. Give me all the carbs! Ha! Emma will make friends and have fun at day care, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete