10/25/15

Life Happens

Hey there friends.  Time seems to just keep on moving, and I think about blogging, but then before I know it the day is over.  If I had at least two more hours in my day, I think I could get so much more done.  Well...maybe.

We carved pumpkins last weekend.  Max and Emma did not want to touch the "guts" and I couldn't stop laughing.  I made Max touch it, and he freaked out and tears were shed. Again, I laughed so hard.

These cute pumpkins which were named Jack and Kyle courtesy of Max. When I asked why those names he said in a very matter of fact tone, "Because it's a Jack-O-Lantern with the face, and Kyle after my friend at school." #duhmom 

The sky on the way to work the other morning was so beautiful.  Max said it looked like cotton candy, which then lead him to ask if cotton candy were other colors besides pink and blue.  He didn't wait for a response before he told me it's only pink and blue, because the one time we went to the baseball game he only saw pink and blue.  He knows everything.  He'll tell you so too. "I already know Mommy." 

On Friday our class got our critters for our Study of Life unit, and I died.  If you would have seen my reaction to having to move the snails from a smaller container to a larger one, you would have laughed.  I was so grossed out.  

We also got 6 crayfish, which were so vicious people.  Vicious.  I'm not even going to lie.  I'm ready for this unit to be over.  I bought tongs this weekend, because my fingers will not get pinched and I don't want to scream in front of my students.  I have to act brave...with tongs. 

Lastly, today is Sounders matchday!  AKA #DecisionDay because there are 4 or 5 teams that need to win if they want to make the playoffs.  The Sounders included.  If they win, they are in!  Crossing our fingers that we get 3 points today.  Max also informed me that he's tired of the jersey he has and he wants one with a number on the back.  The number 9 to be exactly.  Kids.  I will add that these two have nearly perfected their tantrums.  The screams are at the highest pitch my ears can take, and the tears fall immediately.   I may have already threatened a certain someone that if this behavior continues to happen this week, there will be no Trick-or-Treating.  Umm...I mean business.  Tell me this is just a phase. 

Song being sung at this very moment, "I'm tired from playing hockeyyyyyy.  Yes I am.  Yes I am. Poooooop.  Don't poooooop in your pants.  That would be yucky. So yuckyyyyyyy."  Aren't you jealous of my entertainment. 

Happy Sunday! 

4 comments:

  1. I think we need at least 10 more hours in a day to do the things we want to do and need to do, right?!?
    I remember catching crayfish as a kid. Not a fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two crayfish have already died.....I'm not very good at keeping them alive. #oops

      Delete
  2. Hahaha Max's song!!! I need the cry laughing emoji right about now. I will never touch ANYTHING that has pinchers. Nope nope nope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He keeps singing songs about poop. It must be a boy thing.

      Delete