10/4/15

Pumpkin Patch

Fall means pumpkin patch fun.  My friend, Elise, had texted me earlier in the week and asked if I wanted to meet up at a pumpkin patch.  I checked out the website, and it had me at apple donuts.  We even texted each other at the same time over our excitement of said donuts.  You know what they say about great minds?

We got up ready for some fun, and off we went.  The pumpkin patch opened at 10:00, and there were not that many people there yet.  The kiddos were able to roam the kid area, we took a hayride, walked through a corn maze that told the story of Jack and the Bean Stalk every few turns, stood in line for the apple donuts, and then picked some pumpkins.  By the time we were leaving the place was starting to get packed. 

We were going to do the larger corn maze, but as we were getting ready to pay the lady talked us out of it because of the kiddos....even though quite a few small children had just entered the maze with their family.  The kid maze was super cute though, and no one got lost! 












Let's talk about these donuts.  The line was long when we got in it, and it continued to get longer.  I ordered a baker's dozen with one being a pumpkin donut, but the rest were apple.  I would drive back to the farm just for the donuts.  So. Good.  


 Holidays with kids are so much fun. 


4 comments:

  1. Yay! We're going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow to get pumpkins for wedding decor! I don't think the one we go to has donuts though...and I'm desperate to try apple donuts since everyone blogs about how amazing they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to Bob's Corn and Pumpkin Farm. A bit of a drive, but those donuts are worth it!!

      Delete
  2. How fun!!! We love going to the pumpkin patch. It looks like you had a great time! And those donuts look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those donuts were so amazingly good. I want to make some of my own! I think I'm going to try this weekend. :)

      Delete