12/20/15

Big Weekend

This has been a big weekend for our family.  Emma is potty trained!!!!  I realize that by posting this I am possibly jinxing it, but I'm sharing because I'm so proud of her.  Every time she goes potty (or any of us) she celebrates.  It's a big deal people.  She picked out her own big girl undies at the store.  Princess and Frozen...of course.  I think we're going to have to buy a few more pairs, and she'll be set!

Max has had a big weekend as well!  At school he's been working on sight words.  He goes around looking for words he knows.  I came across Bob Books, and sent the link to my mom for Christmas ideas.  I also saw a box of sight words in our latest Scholastic book order at school, so I bought it.  We opened it yesterday.  The books are numbered 1-10 and you read them in order.  Each book has 3 sight words that appear throughout the story.  We went over those, the names of the characters (which appear in all the stories as well) and before we knew it, MAX WAS READING.   He read all 10 books over and over again.  There are words he gets stuck on, and we work on sounding them out.  The first time he read through a book, I cried.  I was so proud of him.  I took a video and sent it to his teacher.  Now, all he wants to do is read!!!

I only took video of Max's accomplishment, not Emma's.  I don't think the world needs to see that, though we are super excited for Emma's milestone.  No more having to buy pull-ups!!  Happy dance!!  I'm having trouble uploading Max's full video, but you can see 15 seconds of it here.

 I snapchatted (is that the word?) this yesterday.  One of my students gave me this mug, and behind it on the floor is a hot mess of toys.  You never would know.   I'm pretty lame on snapchat, but if you are so curious as to what I post, you can find me at jenwink08.  I tend to forget to post during the week, and then post on the weekends.   Lame.  I know.

Happy Sunday! 

4 comments:

  1. Yay for big accomplishments! Reading, whoop whoop! And lol about the "hidden" hot mess of toys, been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have taken a picture showing the toys! Haha.

      Delete
  2. How exciting for both of them!!! Haha love that you mentioned that about not taking video of Emma. I've seriously seen posts on FB of poop in a toilet and the caption explains that it's their kid's first time on a real potty or something. And I'm like...thanks for posting that, let me go gag now. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww! I get it's a big milestone, but somethings don't need pictures to document. Haha.

      Delete