12/4/15

Birthday and More

I don't know if you remember me saying that before Thanksgiving I wasn't feeling that great.  Well the day before my birthday I found myself in the ER.  Turns out I have a very mild case of Bell's Palsy.  I spent a few hours in the ER making sure it wasn't anything more serious.  Thankfully it's not.  The right side of my face is numb.  It's noticeable when I laugh and my right eye blinks more slowly than my left eye.   Guess I had to start my birthday with a bang.  Here's to 33!

What's a hospital visit without a selfie?  I had to wear a mask because I had a cough.  So fashionable. Ian took a selfie of us as we were leaving.  He found the whole thing to be very funny.  He was full of jokes.  I found him not so funny.

My birthday was a good one.  My students spoiled me with gifts and homemade cards.  Then at home I was spoiled with surprises, no bake yellow cheesecake, and a fancy dinner with the husband. 



While John and Pat were here we went downtown to the library, which I had never been.  I was so excited!  I loved the building and all the books.  I could spend hours there! 


Emma loved it too!

This was our view from the front of the library. 


Sparkle is back!  He brought the kiddos matching jammies and A Charlie Brown Christmas.  When I saw these two in their jammies, I died.  So much cuteness.  

Totally posed.  I had them reach for the highest ornament. 

Max said something funny and Emma couldn't stop laughing. 

This weekend we need to finish decorating for Christmas and get a tree! I'm pretty excited....even if all my face doesn't show it. ;)


3 comments:

  1. Oh geez! I hope you are feeling better! How scary!

    I think I might have to break down and get the kids an Elf on the Shelf next year. Lee would love it!

    -Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's so fun, and the excitement every morning is the best!

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better! Those pictures of Max and Emma are so cute! And I love the SPL, it is so cool!

    ReplyDelete