12/26/15

Our Christmas

This Christmas was a good one.  Christmas Eve Santa drops off jammies for the kiddos on his way around the world to deliver presents.  Emma got Elsa and Anna jammies, which she jumped up and down about with excitement.  Max got two pair of footed jammies, which he's been wanting and was so excited to put on and be cozy. Around 8 we jump in the car and go look at Christmas lights.  A favorite we saw was a house with Star Wars decorations in the front yard.  We had to drive by twice! When we got home the kiddos left sugar cookies for Santa, a carrot cut into 8 pieces for each of the reindeer, milk and a Thank You note to Santa for the new jammies.  I also made overnight cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning.  They were pretty easy to make, and I think this will be a new Christmas tradition that will continue in the coming years.


Christmas Day I lacked in the picture taking department.  We were having so much fun in the moment, my phone wasn't in my hands.  I did snap a couple of pictures though.  Santa brought Max and Emma bean bag chairs, which they love.  It's so cute to look over at them and they are snuggled into their chair reading or playing their new tablets from Grandmom and Grandpa.

Max already uses his as his gamer chair.  Ian got him his very own PS4 remote, so he's one happy camper.

Santa also gave Max a selfie stick in his stocking.  When Max had his fundraiser at school, a selfie stick was a prize and Max really wanted it.  So funny.  My sister in law got me a selfie stick with props for you selfies.  We went from a family of zero selfie sticks to having two! I don't know if we'll ever use them in public, but they make for some fun at home!

Santa brought Emma her very first Cabbage Patch doll.  I can remember playing with my own Cabbage Patch dolls when I was little, so this moment was so special.  Emma saw her and yells, "My baby! Oh my baby!"  Her doll, named Quinn, but Emma likes to call her Baby or Baby Jesus, came with a stroller, bed and carrier.  She sings to her, kisses her, and is just so beyond adorable with her baby.

This is our first Christmas without family, and though it was sad (I really miss my family), it was nice spending it just us.  We had a good day and a yummy dinner.  Ian and I ended up watching Making a Murderer on Netflix late last night.  It's so good and so addictive.  We were still watching it at 4:30 in the morning, which sounded good at 4:30.  Not at 8 when the kiddos woke up.  Thank goodness they didn't mind snuggling and watching cartoons on my phone so I could get a little more sleep.  

I see a nap in my future! 

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones.  I thought today was Monday, but was happy to realize it's only Saturday! 

2 comments:

  1. I want Max's moose jammies for myself! Too cute! Cinnamon rolls are delicious. They totally make me think of Christmas. I think I'll have to make that a tradition if/when we ever have Christmas at our home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been living in his footed jammies. He loves them so much! It's fun starting new traditions as a family.

      Delete