1/24/16

Sharing is not Always Caring

One of my sweet students moved away and gave me a plant.  I've had it on the windowsill and pretty much forgot about it.  I pulled up the blind to check on it, and it had bloomed!!! So pretty and definitely brightens any rainy morning.  It has been raining quite a bit.  This morning we woke up and the sun was shining bright.  Emma yelled, "It's a sunny day!"  You can tell we haven't seen the sun around here in days.

Yesterday was my works Holiday Fiesta.  3rd grade was in charge of planning this years holiday party.  We decided to have it in January, because December is just a busy month.  Day of the party and Emma Girl wakes up with a stomach bug.  Ian's out of town, so I had to stay home.  Total bummer.  We ended up renting the Minions movie (again) and I told Max we could have a Minions Marathon.  He asked how long it would last and I said about  6 hours.  (Minions, Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2)  He said, "Woah, I don't think I can stay up that long."  We didn't actually make it through all the movies.  Emma Girl lived off of pedialyte and snuggles yesterday.  This morning she finally ate a sandwich for breakfast.  Emma was thoughtful and shared her stomach bug with me.  So sweet that girl. Sharing is not always caring. I'm hoping it's just a 24 hour thing.  She seems to be doing okay this morning.  Knock on wood. 

We had a dance party and were listening to Alvin and the Chipmunks radio station.  Max put on his new hoodie, a baseball hat backwards and was dancing up a storm.  Then he stopped and faced me and asked seriously, "Do I look cool Mommy?"  He totally did.


Emma tried having some fun, but it didn't last long.  She was a hot mess.  She was full of tears and everything made her cry.  Everything.  By the end of the night I wanted to join in on the crying.  Thank goodness Ian gets home today.  

Can you believe there's only one more week in January and we're on to the next month?  I always feel like time is moving by so quickly, but throw working full time into the mix and I swear I blink and the month is over.  

Happy Sunday.  


3 comments:

  1. Poor Emma! And it's too bad you had to miss the party. I feel like January has gone by sooo fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's feeling much better!

      Delete
  2. It has been a heady January, finally getting over. Time is really passing quickly. I think it is the same for all moms.

    ReplyDelete