3/4/16

Happy Friday

I picked up Max from school, and the first thing he said to me was, "Mommy, my stummy aches."  Damn you stomach bug!   He quickly changed the subject when we got into the car.  Our conversation, which was mostly one-sided went like this:

M: Mommy! Guess what?! Today we did a dinosaur dot to dot, and guess what?! Then we looked at dinosaur books, and guess what?! There was a dinosaur eating another dinosaur, and Mommy guess what?!
J: (Silence, because I'm waiting for him to just keep going with his story.  I look at him in the review mirror and he's patiently waiting for me to answer him.) What?
M: There. Was. Blood.
J: No!
M: Yup!

After we picked up Emma we came home and they both ran to the tree.  Isn't is such a pretty tree?  Max was looking at it and he said, "Woah, the tree looks like an umbrella."  Spring in WA is so, so pretty.  I love it more every year.



When we got inside Max told me all about his school work and let me know that  he couldn't wait to show me something he had done in class.  He started off with saying, "I did something, and it was really hard work."  When he pulled it out of his backpack, it was a 100s chart, and he had filled in all the numbers.  Super cute, and such great work.

Earlier in the day Ian and I had a serious conversation.


He makes me giggle. 

Here we are Friday, and I was super excited for the day.  Too bad I have one sick boy, and one girl who is in tears for everything (finished her drink, her jammies fell off while going potty, she doesn't want to eat the cereal she just asked for, she doesn't want to play her tablet she wants Max's...even though they have the exact same games, and the list goes on.).

Here's to less puke and less tears. Happy Friday, 

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha oh my gosh, your reasons for Emma crying are too funny. Have you seen the blog, "reasons my son is crying"? It cracks me up. I think he wrote a book too. Your text convo with Ian is the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but I'll check it out. Kids cry for the silliest of reasons sometimes. Well, most of the time!

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I'm sorry he was sick! I hope he's feeling better and your days are filled with less tears. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a speedy recovery!

      Delete