7/20/16

Camping

Guys, I went camping!  I went once when I was in 8th grade, but I honestly don't remember it much.  Some people love camping and thinks it's the best thing in the world.  Before this trip, I was not one of those people.  My parents would go all the time while I was in college and I never went with them.  It wasn't my cup of tea.  I was so lame.

We went up north to Bay View State Park.  Our friend set it all up and we had two camping sites for 3 families.  There were 6 adults and 6 kiddos running wild.   This was the first time I helped set up a tent and when it was done I kept thinking, "Wow, what a nice tent!" #proudmoment

The kiddos picked blackberries every chance they got, and had fun eating them.  I had fun watching them especially if they were sour.  The faces they would make were priceless.

There was a big grassy area where Max met a friend who was playing lacrosse with his dad.  They invited Max to play, and he loved it!  Most of the people camping were pretty friendly.

Our site was a quick walk to the beach.  This was the sunset on our first night camping. 

Our friends have a dog that Max and Emma fell in love with.  Emma wanted to bring him home with us, and both were so sad when they realized they couldn't. 

Our last night we went back to the beach to watch the sunset, and it was breathtaking. I love how the sun leaves a golden path on the water. 

 
All in all I'd say our first camping trip as a family was a success!  I went in with low expectations, thinking I wasn't going to like it one bit, and turns out I really kind of like it!  I'm not saying I want to go camping every weekend, but once in awhile would be okay with me.   Plus s'mores are enough reason for us to go camping!
 
Happy Wednesday friends!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment