8/20/16

Max is SIX

6 years ago today, our lives were forever changed.  Our sweet Max came into the world.  I still remember the day like it was yesterday.  Last night while putting Max to bed Ian was telling Max his birth story, and he was interested in the story for about 5 seconds.   I think I loved hearing it more.  I remember waking up in the middle of the night and thinking my water broke, but I wasn't sure because I had never been in labor before.  I even googled how to know if your water broke, because mine wasn't a gush of water that you see in movies, and because google knows all.  I remember the pain of the contractions and waiting not so patiently for an epidural.  I remember sleeping so good once I got the epidural, and thinking labor is a piece of cake. I remember my Mom getting there and then everything starting to happen.  I remember the moment I heard Max's sweet cry.  I think that's the only time a crying baby is the best sound.  

Now I want to go look at Max's baby pictures and cry.  6 years....holy moly does time fly.  Yesterday I dropped off cupcakes for Max to celebrate with his classmates.  He was so excited.  I loved seeing him with his classmates and had to keep myself from hugging and kissing him because it was just so cute.  I kept my cool though. Moms everywhere would be proud.

 
His teacher uses Class Dojo and you are able to send messages.  During the day I looked at my phone and saw this picture.  All the feels.  I'm so happy that he has a teacher who was thoughtful enough to send me a picture, I'm so happy that Max is loving school, and my mommy heart just wants to explode from all the feels.
 
 
6 years hasn't been all unicorns and rainbows.  We've seen plenty of tantrums and tears for reasons we won't ever understand (kids cry for the weirdest reasons sometimes), but these 6 years have been the absolute best.  I'm so lucky I was chosen to be his Mom.
 
My sweet Max,
Happiest of birthdays to you!  I love watching the young man you are growing up to be.  You always have a smile on your face that brightens up any room or cloudy day.  Seeing the world through your eyes is magical, and I love how much you love school and learning.  I hope this year is full of amazing adventures. I love you.
 
Love,
Mommy
 
For a walk down memory lane.....
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment