Let's jump right in....
1. Never take kids to the store with you. Just kidding. Kind of. Lately Max and Emma act like wild animals when we go to the store or even the library. We went to the library and while I'm trying to check out our books, Emma is crawling on the floor. Max thinks it's funny and follows the leader. I kept angry whispering at them to stop and reminding them we don't do that in the library. They could of cared less and my angry whispering did nothing. Nothing.
2. Buy a crockpot if you don't have one. I love mine. We had friends come over and I had bbq chicken going while we went to hang out at the pool. When we came back it was ready to eat! Also they have these crockpot liners you can use and clean up is easy peasy! (Thanks Mom)
3. Get my workout done in the morning. If I don't, then most likely I won't. I've been doing Tone It Up and I like to watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians or Brothers & Sisters while I'm doing it. I was watching KUWTK and Emma asked what I was doing. I told her working out. Another episode had started when I was done, and Emma happily shouted, "Another work out is on!" I couldn't stop laughing.
4. I need coffee in the morning. I just do. It's better for us all if I have my coffee.
5. I'm missing WA. Today is the first day of school at the school I worked at. I miss my teacher friends. I miss that I won't see my students from last year as 4th graders. All. The. Tears. I'm learning that there are people you meet in life that just leave an impression on you. Doesn't matter if you know them for months or years. I'm missing my teacher friends a lot.
6. Patience. I'm finding I lack patience at the end of the day. Then when Max or Emma don't listen to something I've asked them to do 5 times, and it's just a viscous circle of fights that don't need to happen. Maybe I need wine. Just like I need coffee in the morning. I need wine in the evening. Ha!
Happy hump day!