9/1/16

A Day in the Life

I can't remember if I've ever done "a day in the life" type of post. One of my fav bloggers, Shay, does them periodically and I love them. So here we are on Tuesday (8/30/16).  

My alarm goes off at 6:15, but I like to snooze one time (or 3x). I got up at 6:25. I usually brush my teeth, fix my messy hair and throw on workout clothes.  By 6:30 I'm waking up Max and Emma, getting them dressed, teeth brushed and hair combed. 

6:45ish they are having breakfast while I make lunches for Max and Ian.  

By 7:15 we are out the door and on our way to school.  Emma's like, "WTF Mommy?"

7:25ish Max hops out of the car. Emma and I yell our love for him and to have a great day.  I can't get over how big he is. 

7:40ish We are pulling back into the driveway. We live a couple miles away from the school, but traffic is slow moving  on the road we take back home.  The minute we walk in the door, I make coffee. Emma will finish her breakfast that she hadn't yet. Soggy cereal is her jam. 

7:50ish I make a to do list for the day. I normally write this in my planner, but I couldn't find it with the boxes we have left to unpack.  (I found it!) 

8:00 I'll workout. Emma and I might go for a walk or I'll do Tone It Up. I did TIU while watching my guilty pleasure....

So bad, but so good. 

8:45 I'll have breakfast. Today it was a strawberry banana smoothly with milk, frozen banana, strawberry Greek yogurt and a spoon of peanut butter. 

9:00ish I'll get ready.  My routine is pretty quick. Makeup wise I use a toner, face primer, bb cream, eyeliner and eye brows.  Maybe takes about 7 mins...for sure less than 10 mins. 

I left my hair in its outta control glory, but it lasted 30 seconds. 

My go to hairstyle. So glamorous. 

9:30ish We have school time. We've been working on our ABCs. She'll put the puzzle together, and then I'll ask for letters for her to give me. I'll make a stack of those she knows and those she doesn't. Then we'll work on a pre-k book that I picked up at Target. We worked on shapes and matching. 

10:30 I'll let Emma play or watch cartoons while I do housework. Today I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, washed a load of clothes as well as folded the clothes that I had left in the dryer. Folding is my least favorite thing to do. 

11:30 I'll make Emma lunch. She's been on a big turkey and pepperoni kick. 

12:00 I'll have lunch. Today it was left over bbq chicken, and I finished watching the KUWTK episode from earlier. 

12:30-2:00 I ran errands. We went to Goodwill, the post office and the library before picking up Max. 

2:00 We are in the carpool line. Emma usually naps and I SnapChat. Fun times. 


2:30 We head to the park. It was warm out, but there was a breeze so it didn't feel that hot. It was nice! They had fun playing and made a new friend. 

He would live at the park. 

3:45 We are home! Max and Emma will have a snack before Max does homework. Max's homework today was to unscramble his spelling words. When he's done I upload it to his online journal. It's pretty cool. He also has Math that he has to do online.  

5:00 The kiddos have dinner. Today it was bean and cheese burritos. Max asked if they were like Taco Bell. Sure Max. Just like Taco Bell. 

5:30ish We listen to Pandora while I make dinner for Ian and myself. They either have a dance party or work in their workbooks. Max chose workbooks today. He did 11 pages. He thinks they are fun! Emma mostly played with markers. 

Ian gets home around 6:00 and him and I will have dinner. Today we headed upstairs around 6:45 to start bedtime routine.  

Showers. 

Bedtime stories. 

Bed.  Always between 7:45-8:00. 

8:00-10:00 Tonight Ian had a Twitter chat, and I typed this blog post. Other nights we'll watch a movie. I just made him watch Mean Girls, and he kept LoLing.

Not all our days look like this. I have days where I get nothing accomplished. Days where I don't ever get out of my workout clothes. Days where we might spend a good couple hours at Target. I never know what the day holds for me, or just how many tantrums Emma is going to have. 

Doing a post like this is hard!  I didn't remember to always take pictures.  Next time I'll be better!  Happy Thursday!  AND Happy September!!

2 comments:

  1. These posts ARE hard! I've tried and documented for like two hours before realizing like five hours later. Ha! I LOVE your out of control hair!!!! I think it looks good! That bedtime story picture is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why people do them every so often, and not once a week :). They are a lot of work! Haha! Thank you!! I may start to wear it curly...we'll see. Throwing it up is so much easier!

      Delete