9/2/16

Friday Favorites

It's Friday!!  As if you needed a reminder, but I'm excited!  We have a fun weekend ahead, which I'll be posting Snaps and on Instagram (Jenwink08) so follow along!

This week was a good but an exhausting week.  The main culprit of my exhaustion is a certain 3 year old.  She hasn't been sleeping well during the night, she didn't nap two days this week and it was noticeable around 5:00 when she would have one tantrum after another.  That's a post for another day.  How to Survive Your Threenager.  Wait for it.

Linking up with Andrea, Narci and Erika to share some favorites from the week:


1. Max started his homework this week, and it wasn't a struggle to get him to complete it! It's all online or I use an app to take a picture of his work and upload it to his online journal. How cool is that?  He did rainbow spelling words. After I quizzed him and I was pleasantly surprised that he knew 7 of the 10 words on the first attempt! By the time Ian got home he could spell them all! So proud of this kid! He even kept saying, "Homework is fun!" I doubt that feeling will last long, but I'll take it for now!

2.  We have a future Olympian on our hands! Over the weekend we went to a couple of stores looking for life vests for the kids. While at the store Max found a swim cap and put it on. He said he was like Michael Phelps, and was so happy! 


Then Emma grabbed it off and she wanted to put it on. That's what little sisters are for! 

3. Max's bed is complete!  We ordered his mattress and box spring off of Amazon.  Box spring box wasn't so heavy to bring inside, but the mattress.  Holy moly it was so heavy.  The UPS guy rings the doorbell.  I run to answer it, and as I open the door he's walking away.  The box was so heavy, and I struggled to get it in the house and the UPS guy just watched.  Super helpful.  Getting it upstairs...I should have waited for Ian to get home, but I didn't.  I was a sweaty mess by the time I got it upstairs. Then opening the box...oh goodness.  The box itself was impossible to tear open.  There was a hole in the box and I used that to pretty much destroy the box.  All the hard work paid off, because his bed looks great!

Emma got new sheets too!


4.  Target.  I love Target.  Emma and I went on Tuesday and she saw that they painted two of the red balls out front to look like Pokémon balls.  Her day was made.  She was so excited.  When we went inside I told one of the workers I thought that was pretty awesome of them to do, and she laughed and said she thought they had done that to represent Santa.

I hope you guys have a great weekend.  See you back here next week!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, homework is so techy these days! Crazy! I'm laughing at the Target employee's Santa comment! At first I was like...what? Then I realized how she could think that if she didn't know anything about Pokemon haha.

    ReplyDelete