9/8/16

Lacrosse

Yesterday was Max's first lacrosse practice, and it was the cutest thing to watch. Coach brought them all over and had them introduced themselves. They had to say their name, favorite color and favorite super hero. I could barely make out Max's little voice. He said, "My name is Max.  My favorite color is blue.  I like Spider-Man."  I for sure thought he was going to say Darth Vader for the superhero.  One of his teammates is a twin and has triplet siblings, another little boy has twin little brothers, and his coach is a twin.  Crazy!
O

The first thing the coach did was teach the boys the parts of the lacrosse stick.  From top to bottom the parts are called: Head, neck, shaft and butt.  Who named the parts?  He said butt and all the boys started to giggle.  Max even looked over at me with an OMG look on his face.   After practice Max went over the parts with Emma and she scolded him, "Butt is a bad word!"
 
 
They did some stretches, couple of drills and practiced throwing the ball.  The entire time I was giggling and ohhing and awwing over the cuteness.  I know nothing about lacrosse.  Well, I know the parts of the stick, but other than that not a whole lot.  I'm excited to learn more about the sport, and to watch Max play. 
 
 
When practice was over they all gathered and did a little cheer.  Max ran to me with a huge smile on his face.  He can't wait until next practice. 
 
Emma had fun at practice as well.  She was kicked back and relaxed.  She also made a friend and they talked all things Elsa, puppies and shared some grapes.   Adorable. 
 
 
Today Max gets out of school early.  We have plans to get frozen yogurt, play at the park and maybe go to the library.  Have a great day, friends! 



No comments:

Post a Comment