9/28/16

Life Lately

I meant to post a weekend happingings post, but never got around to it.  #fail  This weekend Max his first lacrosse game followed by his second game.  There are only 2 other teams in his league so they play round robin style.  Max was a little hesitant at first, but warmed up to playing.  His team just formed a few weeks ago, and the other two teams have been together since the spring.  One team was just a tad but too intense.  I think their coach forgot they are 6 and 7 years old, not high schoolers. 

 I love seeing Max in his lacrosse gear.  All the heart eyes for these two.

#31!!

As we were walking back to the car Emma was holding Max's lacrosse stick.  Future lacrosse player here!  Oh, and they call it lax for short.  I didn't know this.  I had gone to Play it Again Sports and was paying for the gear and the guy asked, "Oh you have a lax player?"  Umm..yes??
 
 
It was ridiculously hot so we took the kiddos for some ice cream.  Ian got a banana split and the kids were so excited!  They ate it all up.
 
I had a solo grocery shopping trip and this sign made me laugh a little too hard. 
 
 
Tuesday was a BIG day for Emma.  I had some paper work I had to fill out for work, so Emma had her first day in her preschool 3's class!  She was so excited.  I always ask Max what he wants to be on the first day of school.  I started the tradition with Emma.  I asked her while I was putting on her shoes, and she looks at me without hesitation and sweetly says, "I want to be Yoda!"  She meant it too.  Max quickly chimed in that he wants to be Darth Vader.  
 
I walked her to her classroom and she held on to my hand tightly.  She became so shy and quiet.  She was scared.  A cute little girl came up to her and asked if she wanted to play.  The little girl was wearing a Star Wars shirt, and Emma's face lit up.  She let go my hand, and went to play. 
 
I went to the car and cried.  I'm definitely struggling with mom guilt.  I'm so excited to be going back to work, but I'm so sad that I have to put Emma in daycare.  It makes me question whether or not me going back to work is good for her.  Is it good for our family?  In the end I know she's at a great daycare, where she's going to make lots of new friends, her teachers are so sweet, she's going to learn so much (seriously the curriculum is amazing) and she's going to blossom.  I'm just going to miss spending my days with her.
 
While I'm on the sob train...I'm also nervous about work.  I really, really loved the school I was at last year.  I loved the ladies I taught with.  I just really loved Washington.  The school I'm at is one of the best in the state of  GA.  It's in the top 5%.  Both the principal and assistant principal are really nice.  One of the coaches emailed me to welcome me to the family.  That made me smile, because they consider themselves to be family.  All the warm fuzzies.  I know it's going to be fine, but I can't help but be nervous.  Monday is the day.  Monday I'm back to being a working mom. 
 
But now...now I'm just sad because I'm missing my Emma girl.  I'm using this as a transition week to let her get use to being back in the daycare setting again.  She's totally fine.  I guess it's more for me.  I need to get use to her being in that setting again, away from me.  #ALLthetears  Maybe watching This is Us will make me feel better, or make me have a good cry.  

2 comments:

  1. The Yoda answer still kills me! Here's hoping you end up LOVING your new school and that Emma loves her daycare too so you won't feel quite so much mom guilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mattie! :) Emma is LOVING her daycare, which makes me so happy!

      Delete