9/12/16

Weekend of Sports

It was so hard waking up this morning.  Everyone wanted to sleep a little bit longer.  We were all going to have a case of the Mondays, but we remembered the Steelers play tonight.  It didn't make us less tired, but it gave us something to look forward to at the end of our day.  We're all use to watching football earlier.  Morning games were at 10:00, here it's an afternoon game at 1:00.  The night game was at 5:30, and here it's 8:30.  Sweet Max loves to watch Carrie Underwood sing the Sunday Night Football song.  Last night he stayed up passed his bedtime to watch.  I think there will be many football games that I won't watch and many that I won't see the ending to. I'm getting old.  I will be drinking coffee all day.  On to the weekend!

This weekend was such a good one.  We kicked it off Friday with a baseball game.  Ian texted me Friday during the day asking if I wanted to go.  Baseball is my least favorite sport, but it sounded fun.  I knew Max and Emma would love it.  It was our first Atlanta Braves game.  Growing up I learned the game of baseball in my PE class.  I don't know why, but I disliked the Braves.  Even now, they are my least favorite team...right up there with a certain soccer team.  So it was kind of weird going to a game and cheering for the team that I grew up not liking. 

One of us was more excited about watching baseball than the other....
 Headband
 
It was a hot and sticky night.  I was so pumped because I had done my hair and was bragging on SnapChat that my hair was going to last all night.  The minute we sat in our seats I put it up in a ponytail. 
 
My three loves! Max and Emma were given A stickers and they were so excited.  Max slept with his on and said he wanted to keep it on his shirt so he could show his friends.  I guess he doesn't want his shirt washed...

 
 It's the Braves last season at Turner Field.  Pretty cool that we were able to see a game here before they move to their new home.

Saturday Max and I spent some time running errands together.  It was nice to get that one on one time with him.  He is the sweetest and held my hand.  We made a quick stop at Target and I got him a cake pop and some Pokémon cards.  He was one happy boy. Now he is determined to earn money so he can buy Pokémon cards.  I failed to take any pictures. 
 
The community we live in has a FB page which is awesome to keep up with the happenings.  I also found ourselves a babysitter!  I was super excited because that meant I could go to the Falcons game with Ian.  We hadn't been to a football game together since Arizona...so over 4 years.   It was so fun! The stadium was full of energy and loud!
 
They did a really nice tribute for September 11th.  I was teary eyed through the entire video.  I can't believe it's been 15 years. 
 
This guy.  Life is fun with him.
 
 
Recipe update.  All the skinnytaste recipes I made last week were delicious!!  I think the turkey meatballs were our favorite.  I will be making all of them again! 
 
I hope you guys had a great weekend, and have an ever better week!  The weather is suppose to be in the 80s for the next 10 days, and I'm pretty excited! 


2 comments:

  1. Baseball is my least favorite sport too! My favorite part about sporting events is usually eating the food, if I'm honest. But baseball games are just too long. The food doesn't even make up for it. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! Haha. The food was terrible. Max and Emma had fun though! :)

      Delete