11/21/16

Weekend Getaway

Ian texted me Friday and told me to pack a bag.  Yes sir!  Saturday we got up and made our way to Tennessee!  We've never been, so I was really excited!  That's the great thing about moving somewhere new.  You have so many places to explore. 
 
 
The drive up was beautiful and colorful.  I think Ian is getting annoyed every time I say the trees are so pretty, but guys...they are sooooo pretty!!  I love the oranges, reds, yellows mixed in with the dark green.  So lovely, and I will not stop saying how pretty I think it is.  Ever.
 
 
We made it to Chattanooga, and it is the cutest town.  We mostly stayed downtown and we loved it!  We went to the Creative Discovery Museum.  It's a hands on museum, and the kids loved it.  Ian and I each took a kid and went to explore.  There was a room for 4 and under, so I took Emma there while Ian took Max around. 
 
Holiday crafts and Christmas music was playing loud.  There were certain times throughout the day that it would "snow".  Emma loved it!  There was a grandpa there though, and Emma did not like him.  Every time he came into a room where we were, Emma wanted to leave.  She said she didn't like when he looked at her.  I trusted the vibes she was getting and we made out way to where Ian and Max were creating art.
 

The joy on her face.  If only it were real snow!
 
They have free shuttles down town that take you various places.  We rode one to North Shore and went to the Coolidge Park Carousel.  That sucker went around fast. 
 

 
That's Walnut Street Bridge.  It's a bridge only for pedestrians and bicyclists.   I just googled it and apparently there is a wine tasting even that happens on the bridge.  Umm..I think we may have to plan another trip!

We backed over the Walnut Street Bridge, and it was flipping cold.  It was also flipping awesome!
 

 
Some of the amazing places we ate.  When we got into town we ate at Maple Street Biscuit Company.  Definitely my favorite place we ate.  I had biscuits and gravy, the kids had their mac and cheese and Ian had a chicken sandwich the most amazing honey mustard I've ever tasted.  We tried grits for the first time, and I'm sad to say the only who liked them was Ian.  Good Dog was on North Shore, and those fries were so delicious.  The kids were boring and got a hot dog with just mustard and ketchup.  Mellow Mushroom was right by our hotel, so Ian went and got us dinner.  I gave him to options and told him to surprise me for dinner.  He brought me back something that wasn't either of my options.  The calzone, was the best calzone I've ever had. 
 
 
Sunday morning we got up early and headed to the aquarium.   This aquarium was pretty impressive.  We all really liked it. 
 
 
Max would not stop talking about the sharks.  Every time one came around he would excitedly point it out. 
 
He was brave and stood with the spider crab.
 
We then went to The Incline that took us up Lookout Mountain.  It's the steepest incline and it was scary going to the top!! 
 
The trees were of course pretty looking going to the top. 
 
The view.  The tour guide said on a clear day you can see 6 states.
 
At the bottom of the incline there was a cute ice cream shop.  So we stopped, even though it was so cold out. 

 
The kids ate their ice cream in the car so we could hit the road and head home.  Once they were done, they were both asleep within 10 minutes.  They slept the whole way home!
 
We had such a fun weekend, and I can't wait for the week ahead! Hope you had a great weekend!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment