12/5/16

Life Lately

I feel like time is not only going by faster, but I have so much going on that it's all a blur.  This coming week alone I have a meeting after school Monday, Tuesday, observation Wednesday, meeting before  and after school Thursday, and a meeting Friday after school.  I'm overwhelmed just thinking of it all, and tired.  Give me all the coffee.

The weekend after Thanksgiving we went out and got ourselves a real tree!!  I was so excited!  It's a new family tradition. The house smells good, and it looks so pretty.  I love coming home after work and only having the Christmas lights on.  It's magical.
 
Wednesday we had our first tornado warning, and I didn't like it one bit.  I thought we were having a drill, and I said something to a teammate, and she said, "This isn't a drill."  I think my heart stopped.  I wanted nothing more than to be with Ian, Max and Emma.  I was a nervous wreck.  Once it was over and all the kiddos were able to get on the buses to go home, I was ready to leave work and go get Max and Emma.  Everyone else around me was totally fine.  One coworker smiled and said, "Welcome to Georgia!"  No thank you.  I had no idea there were tornadoes here.  I seriously was ready to move right then and there. 
 
Emma had been woken up from nap, so she was a real gem when I picked her up.  Max was totally bummed that he had been in a hallway with no windows.  Ian had to sit in a stairwell for awhile.  I was super happy when I had these two in my arms. 
 
Max started basketball practice this weekend.  Ian is his coach.  It was beyond adorable to watch Ian coach the kids.  All the heart eye emojis.  I tell you, some parents are crazy.  There was one that was a yeller and she yelled the entire game.  It's going to be a long season with her.  This kid is so cute, and I can't wait to watch him improve each week.  Ian has been waiting for him to play basketball since the day he was born!  Go Bulldogs!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, tornado warnings would freak me out too!! Glad you're all okay. Oh boy...the parents that get all serious about children's sports...yikes. They're supposed to be having fun and learning to work as a team...they're not going to get scouted for the NBA quite yet!

    ReplyDelete