12/3/16

Thanksgiving 2016

A little recap a week late.  I can't believe Thanksgiving was just last Thursday.  It feels like it was a month ago.  This past week was the longest week ever.  Ever. 

We spent Thanksgiving in Nashville with Ian's cousin who lives there.  Other family from Florida and Alabama were also there.  Max and Emma were in dog heaven because there were 3 dogs there.  Max and Emma took Norman and Nyla for walks daily, sometimes twice.  They want a dog so bad, and after watching how cute they are with the dogs...it kind of makes me want one as well.  Not anytime soon though!


 
We went and explored Broadway street in downtown Nashville.  It was pretty cool.  We'd walk into any bar and there was live music.  I loved it.  Max and Emma thought it was too loud.  We also went to Opry Hotel (I think that's what it's called) and we met up with my cousin, Lawrence, and his girlfriend.  We walked around inside, and it was beautiful!  It was fully decorated for Christmas.  We took a boat ride, and took in all the prettiness.  It was crazy how impressive this hotel is, and we only saw a part of it.
 
When we were walking around downtown Nashville we went into a building.  There happen to be Santa taking free pictures with the kids. Max and Emma were super happy to see Santa for the second time in 3 days.  I think we may have one more visit this Christmas season. 
 
Our Thanksgiving feast.
 
Max didn't want to get in the picture.  Emma was in awe of this tree.  It was huge! 
 
All in all we had a great Thanksgiving trip to Tennessee!  I see more trips there in our future!  I want to go back to watch a hockey game!  Oh, and hello!  I totally binge watched Gilmore Girls over Thanksgiving break as well.  I think all the anticipation and having high hopes of it being so good left me a little disappointed.  It did make me want to watch the series over again from the beginning, so I think I might. 
 
Happy weekend!  I celebrated turning the big 34 yesterday.  Apparently I'm getting old, because I had one drink and I was done.  Sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment