1/2/17

Life Lately

I had meant to post a few times before the new year, but turns out there just isn't enough time in the day.  So instead of a couple posts you get one big one with everything we've been up to since before Christmas.  A true "Life Lately".

We got a real Christmas tree this year, a first for our family.  The excitement of a new tree never wore off once during the holiday season.  Real trees are so much better!!  It took awhile for us to actually put ornaments on it.  When we finally decorated Max and Emma were beyond excited.  I sat back and watched them in the moment.  Both kiddos are growing up so fast, and when I see them in sweet moments like decorating the tree together,  I want to bottle it up.  
 
Max and Emma went to their first NBA game thanks to our friend Jakub! It was awesome!!  They both took it all in and danced to the music.  It was so fun!! 
 
Christmas Eve!  We normally open one gift on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day, but this year Ian went to Pittsburgh on Christmas Day.  We opened family gifts on Christmas Eve, and Santa gifts Christmas Day before taking Ian to the airport.  He went to Pittsburgh for work, but was able to watch his first Steelers game at Heinz field.  I was totally jealous. 

Ian went to Pittsburgh, and my Mama came for a visit!  She was with us for a week, and it went by too quick.  It always does.  She went home yesterday, and the day after is always the saddest.  Boo.

 

Emma got a Hatchimal, and I think all the grownups in the house were more excited about it.  We all took our turn keeping the egg warm and rubbing it so it would hatch.  It took a long time for it to hatch, and ended up not hatching all the way.  We got the little bird out though, and Emma has been in heaven!!  She loves it so much. 


Cousins came into town for the Peach Bowl.  We headed to the game on Marta, which we've never taken before.  It was pretty nice!  We didn't have to deal with traffic.  There were tons of Alabama fans. We had so much fun! 

Alabama played Washington.  I felt like everything came full circle. We started  2016 living in Washington, and ended 2016 watching Washington play.  It was the closure I needed. 

Ending the post with my top 16 pictures of 2016.  So many good memories!!  New jobs for both Ian and I, celebrating 8 years of marriage, first holidays celebrated in GA, meeting Emily Giffin, birthdays, first days of school, and family adventures. 
 
2016 has had it's share of disappointments, new beginnings, saying goodbye to friends and making new friends.  I'm looking forward to seeing what adventures our family will be experiencing in 2017.  This year I'm choosing to be happy.   I want to wake up each day thankful for being given another day to spend with the people I love. I want to live in the moment and be present.   I want the people I love to know how much I love them.  I want to laugh more.  This year is a fresh start, a new beginning, and I'm ready for it!
 
Happy New Year friends!  May this year be  your best year yet!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I've sort of heard about Hatchimals in passing but apparently they're super hyped up? Or they were all sold out at one point or something? So weird that they actually hatch! I didn't realize that!!! How nice to have your mom with you for a week! It is always hard to say goodbye though. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of the hatchimal, and didn't know what it was until Emma got one for Christmas from family. It was the "it" item for the holiday season. Crazy! Emma loves the little bird. It's super loud though. A parent must not have designed it. ;)

      Delete