6/14/17

9 Years

Today Ian and I have been married for 9 years.  It's crazy, because when I think of our wedding day, those events are so fresh in my memory.  It feels like it just happened, and yet here we are 9 years later.  When I think back on all the adventures we've gone on just the two of us, then as a family of 3, and now as a family of 4...it makes me a sappy mess.

Let's be honest, marriage isn't always rainbows and unicorns.  It takes work, it takes compromise, and it takes all the love you have to give.  There is no one else I'd rather get into stupid arguments with, no one else I'd rather watch the Steelers game with, no one else I'd rather beat at Yahtzee, no one else I'd want to go on adventures with.  This guy is my someone.  My person, in Meredith Grey terms. 

 
The quality of this picture is so bad, but it's our very first picture together.
 
This was the trip to Alaska that Ian proposed to me.   All the heart eyes.
 
Tonight Emma has declared a party, with funfetti cake and all.  She asked if little kids could come to the party that she came up with.  She's the sweetest that one.   I told her yes. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment