6/5/17

The Land of Enchantment

I didn't appreciate growing up in New Mexico.  I think I didn't appreciate a lot of things growing up, and I realize that now that I'm older.  NM is beautiful.  Definitely the Land of Enchantment.  We hadn't been back since Antonio graduated from high school TWO years ago. 

This trip was to celebrate my sister graduating from high school.  We flew into El Paso, and our first stop once we got to Las Cruces was Dion's.  Have I mentioned how much we all love it? The ranch dressing is seriously the best dressing I have ever had in my entire life.  I'm so not exaggerating either.    We also had Mexican food, and I'm sad to report that Max and Emma did not like it.  What. The. Heck.  They don't know the real deal.  Poor kids. 

Max and Emma loved being around the family.  Grandpa showed them the view of Las Cruces and even beat them in a few races in the backyard.  All fun and games ended when a certain boy pushed down his sister. 
 
In all the years of going to NM, Ian had never visited White Sands. We had so much fun.  If you follow me on Instagram or SnapChat (jenwink08 for both) you saw all our fun and heard our laughs.  Antonio came with us, and added to the fun and memories made.  We buried both Ian and Antonio, and we laughed so much. 
Before we left we wanted to take a family picture.  Max and Emma were grumpy and hangry, so you can see just how excited they were for the picture.  I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.  Their faces....priceless.

 
My Mama! It's always so nice being with my Mom. 
 
We took the kiddos to a park by my parent's house during the intermission of the Stanley Cup Final.  Max had fun.
 
Emma was mad for many reasons.  One being that I pushed her on the swings just a little too high, and she almost fell off.  That made her cry.  Another reason is that she wanted to walk Oreo home, even though she walked him to the park.  AND we had told her that she would walk him to the park and Max would walk him back.  She forgot that little talk.  Boy was she mad.
 
Emma turned FOUR while we were there.  She's currently obsessed with Moana. We got a cake for her and my mom bought the little figurines for her cake.  Emma loved it! She's been playing with the little Moana and pig like they are gold.   
 
The day we left was a sad one.  It's like time goes by fast when you don't want something to happen.  We were happy to get home to Ian, but sad to leave my family.  All. The. Tears. 
 
Alicia...this girl is the best.  I can't say enough how proud of her I am.  Max and Emma love her.  I love hearing them call her "Auntie". 
 
The kiddos with Grandma.  They once called her Grandmom, which I loved, but as they grow up the words they say change. 
 
Uncle!  I am so proud of this kid too.  He was working while we were there, but he had time to play hockey games with Max. He also beat Ian in their own Stanley Cup.  They always play when we're in town or they come to visit us.  Ian has the cup, but lost it.  I'm going to have to mail it to Antonio.  Max and Emma love their Uncle.  Doesn't he have nice hair?

 
Fun fact, or maybe not so fun.  When we're all together I always call Emma by Alicia's name, and I call Max by Antonio's name.  Always.  I don't know why, but it happens. 
 
Being in NM this time around made me miss living there.  It's definitely brown being the desert and all, but the mountains and the sunsets.  So pretty.  We need to get back home more often.  Going every two years is too long to be away.  Oh and the dry heat.  Goodness gracious I loved it!!  The minute we got home to GA the humidity hit me like a sticky brick. 
 
The flight home was so great though.  There were screens in the back of each seat, so that kept the kids entertained the entire flight.  Emma watched Moana and Max played games.  #bestflightever  When we got to the airport we were making our way to baggage claim.  We got on the train and ended up riding it the wrong way.  The kiddos got a long train ride out of it, so I pretended like I knew what I was doing.  I was happy to see Ian's face when we finally got to baggage claim. 
 
Now we're home.  Swim lessons and other summer activities await us.  I'm so looking forward to seeing what summer adventures we'll go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment